Status: Registration Closed
Location: JinShanLing Great Wall, ChengDe
Distances: Full, Half-marathon, 10K
Climate: Mild, temperature around 12 C - 17 C
Fantastic Story about 2022 Jinshanling Great Wall Marathon
Running Along The Longest Wall in The World
Author Jochen Schmitz Published on Running Magazine in Germany
Translated by Gorge Tang and Chen Boya
Congratulations! You have taken the first step to what will undoubtedly be one of the greatest adventure running experiences in your life!
Note that this is an adventure race, which challenges you relentlessly both physically and mentally. Therefore, it would be wise to take ample time to prepare thoroughly to ensure safety whilst getting most out of this experience.
The 2019 Jinshanling Great Wall Marathon attracted great attention, at home and abroad, this year attracted 1,500 runners for the competition from more than 40 countries of the world. This includes runners from the United States, France, Germany, Canada, Australia, Argentina and other countries.
Click the link below to complete your online registration
The Adventure of Your Lifetime, Your Ultimate Challenge, Begins Now
Please Registration now before the Fee Goes Up
1. Entry only: $315/full or half, $215/10K The Fee Will Go Up After 09/15/2019
2. 6days 5nights - Start from $1005 USD The Fee Will Go Up After 09/15/2019
3. 4days 3nights - Start from $595 USD The Fee Will Go Up After 09/15/2019
4. We Also Offer Extend Tour After Race to Xian, Shanghai, Suzhou, Hangzhou as Request
We can offer your special tour package request if you have 10+ people
5. Group (5+ Runners) Discount Are Available
This package will give you a chance to take part in the Jinshanling Great Wall Marathon, taking place in April. It’s a real challenge, but worth every step.
We have combined some of the most iconic Chinese tour attractions with the ultimate marathon challenge of the Great Wall to bring you adventure of a lifetime. To get your gurantee spot register Now while it still lasts. Price hikes after September 15th 2021.
For any further queries about this event, feel to contact us at
Running a marathon on one of the 7 wonders of the world, the Great Wall, is arguably a huge dream for all fellow runners around the world. The JinShanLing Marathon boasts one of the most challenging courses in the world, with one of the most breathtaking views available, making it an ideal situation for many runners seeking a challenging and pleasurable race. The Great Wall marathon is the most popular race in China, attracting thousands of foreign runners to participate, all of which are incredibly impressed with the quality environment and pleasurable race experience.
The JinShanLing Great Wall Marathon boasts its breath-taking panoramic views and its challenging course. It is organized by Do-Win Shoes Company and the local government, offering a full selection of races, including a full marathon (42.2k), half marathon (21.1k), and 10k distances.
The JinShanLing section of the Great Wall is 10.5km long, with 5 passes, 67 towers and 2 beacon towers. The entire race course has over 20,000 countable steps throughout the varied terrain.
The registration fee includes timing chip, round-trip bus transport between Beijing and JinShanLing, the JinShanLing admission fee, health insurance, bib, event t-shirt, bath towel, medal, beverages, certificate for completion and 3 or 5 nights hotel accomodation with toure packages.
Timing chip, bath towel, and certificate for completion will not be available for 10KM entrants.
Click the below link to complete your online registration.
The Great Wall of China is one of the most iconic landmarks in the world, one capable of being seen from the international space station. One of the Seven Wonders of the World, it attracts millions of tourists every year who come to see this amazing structure, or just a small part of it, with their own eyes. The Wall attracts huge crowds every year.
The JinShanLing Great Wall Marathon celebrates this union by offering international runners a chance to indulge in the grandeur of the Great Wall and push their physical prowess to the limit in this test of endurance. We, the JinShanLing Great Wall Marathon, welcome you!
The Jinshanling Great Wall Marathon was Shown in the World Marathon Major Expo of Chicago
We brought the JinShanLing Great Wall Marathon on the big stage of the Chicago Marathon Expo. This event is entering its 7th year with over 1,500 runners. This event has developed into a mature event givien international participation. We hope for more foreign runners to witness the grandeur and glory of the Great Wall.
You can sign up for a full marathon, half marathon, or 10 km run that will happen on April 12th 2020. Be thoroughly prepared—the course is extremely challenging due to steep slopes, uneven surface tracks and varied step heights. But fortunately, this tough work does not go without prize! You will be rewarded with first-hand panoramic views as you gaze upon these long-standing brick walls lining the enchanting mountains.
Race Date: April 10, 2022 Race Start: 10:00AM
Event Categories: (male/female)
- Half Marathon
The JinShanLing is the most beautiful part of the Great Wall. It has been listed as a UNESCO's world heritage site in 1987. It is the national key cultural relics protection unit and a state-level scenic spot. The marathon occurs in the Spring season when the apricot flowers, cherry blossoms, azalea, and all kinds of wild flowers blossom, which makes the JinShanLing Great Wall a sea of flowers. (Please see the Detail of Jinshanling Great Wall)
Race Times (expected estimates):
- Marathon ends at 16:00PM (9hours)
- Half Marathon ends at 14:00PM (6 hours)
- 10KM ends at 12:00PM (3 hours)
Jochen Schmiz/RUNNING-Das Laufmagazin
- The course is extremely challenging due to steep slopes, uneven surface tracks, and varied step heights. These harsh course conditions can often cause problems for entrants who are not thoroughly prepared.
- Professional equipment will be provided to avoid injuries and accidents.
- JinShanLing Great Wall is situated on mountain ranges, the elevation creates less air density, thus it is more taxing for entrants physically in terms of breathing and oxygen intake. Training at higher altitudes prior is highly recommended
- Climbing the Great Wall is a physical and mental feat for many first-time entrants; but don’t forget to enjoy the beauty of the Great Wall while you are here!
- All entrants will take the chartered bus to JinShanLing Great Wall.
- Buses are scheduled to leave Beijing at 5:40 AM on April 10th, 2022
- Opening ceremony 9:30AM – 10:00AM
- Starting gun 10:00AM
- Awarding ceremony 15:30PM
- Buses depart for Beijing 17:00PM
- Help yourself with foods and drinks from the information desk upon completion of the race
- Certificate for completion is available at the information desk
- All winners should participate in the awarding ceremony
The organizing committee will provide timing chips for all marathon and half marathon entrants. If some entrants are unable to complete the course given the proposed time, he/she is advised to stop and remove his/her bib. The event staff will lead back to the starting point.
- Full Marathon closing time: 9 hours
- Half Marathon closing time: 6 hours
- 10KM closing time 3 hours
Male/Female - Marathon/Half Marathon
- Cups,Special trophy and medals for top 3 finishers
- Medals, certificate for completion, bath towels for all finishers within the time limit
Map & Course Description
Approximately 30-40% of course is comprised of the Great Wall, the rest are rocky and dirt trails. The average elevation of the course is determined at 374m above sea level, with the highest at 492m and the lowest at 278m
The course time limits will be STRICTLY ENFORCED. A 5-hours time is limit for half Marathon and 7-hours for full Marathon. Participants must maintain a pace faster than the course time limits in order to complete the race.
A total of six supply depots are set along the track to provide plenty of drinks and food. A total of four medical aid stations will be setup along the track, and rescue workers will provide mobile patrols throughout the competition.
Want to See More?
We, www.runchinamarathon.com , are an authorized partner of the JinShanLing Great Wall Marathon. We are happy to introduce, and integrate, the JinShanLing Great Wall Marathon with a variety of tour programs to numerous exotic locations. The program is to provide international runners guaranteed entry to this extremely popular event along with accommodation, airport pick up, and professional tour guide services. We offer a main package tour in Beijing included with the race. We also devised an exciting variety of extension tours to Xi"An, Shanghai, and other locations.
For all package details, visit: